<$BlogRSDURL$>

Kya hua, kab hua, kyon hua, kidhar hua, kaise hua. Bas itna hi.

Monday, August 22, 2005

A Flight of Pigeons 

I completed Ruskin Bond's novella, A Flight of Pigeons, yesterday. Its beautifully written and I could actually imagine what it would be like in the year 1857 in present day Uttar Pradesh. I judge a historical based story on how well its able to recreate the period it was written about. This one succeeds brilliantly. I could be a little biased because Ruskin Bond is my favourite Indian writer in English along with R. K. Narayan, but not much.

I thought I had finished the book just in time to watch the movie Mangal Pandey, sadly that movie wasn't quite able to create the atmosphere of the book. Maybe I was hoping for too much. The movie appeared too modern while the book managed to recreate that old world charm. I must get the DVD for the movie Junoon that's based on this book and watch it to see how far it is faithful to the book.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?