<$BlogRSDURL$>

Kya hua, kab hua, kyon hua, kidhar hua, kaise hua. Bas itna hi.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Cats and dogs in Mumbai 

It poured cats and dogs in Mumbai yesterday. According to my mom, it was raining off and on yesterday morning but picked up steam around 2 pm in the afternoon and didn't let up until 2 am. I heard so many stories about my relatives:
  1. My brother-in-law couldn't make it home and had to swim over to his uncle's place which was near his workplace. Yep, swim, because the water levels had reached close to first floor levels!
  2. One of my aunts reached home from her clinic in the morning spending ten hours in a bus which didn't move at all! All the other passengers in the bus couldn't get out either and had to sleep there!
  3. Two of my cousins and a few of their friends had to walk and wade for close to ten kms. to get home. They all started trooping in from 2 am in the morning!
  4. My mom was almost out of milk and bread. Ditto relatives. And the worse part is that nothing is likely to be available for at least the next couple of days.
It really rained tons. The good part? At least my mom had uninterrupted power save two short cuts for half an hour duration each. And her phone line didn't go down, so I could call her and check on her.

Wish we had such rain in Bangalore - it would mean a forced vacation since the roads wouldn't be able to handle that much rain and the whole city would have been flooded.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?