<$BlogRSDURL$>

Kya hua, kab hua, kyon hua, kidhar hua, kaise hua. Bas itna hi.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Disappointed with Prabhu 

Recently I gave three rolls for processing to Prabhu (situated off Brigade Road). I was disappointed with the quality of processing. I had asked for a one stop push which processing to compensate for exposing my film at EI 200. They did that but the results are very uneven. Plus there are scratches on the roll, but I will verify if these are because of dust on the pressure plate of my camera. But that seems unlikely as not all the frames are scratched.

I wanted an explanation from the owner - A. Prabhu. He was talking on his cell phone and after waiting for about ten minutes I paid the money and left in disgust without getting a chance to talk to him! I had indicated that I wanted to speak to him and he indicated that I should wait. If a customer is not important to him, then I don't want to go there anymore.

The problem as I see it is that he has grown so big that managing his operation is getting difficult. The people at the front desk all seem to be new, so they take more time to attend to you. They aren't even sure of the procedure to handle special requests like push processing!

Will search for another good processor who won't screw up my precious rolls of slide film. G. K. Vale is useless as they don't process slides themselves.
Comments:
Disappointment with Prabhu isn't new to me. Now I'm shooting 'mostly' digital, but I need to visit him for relatively few slide rolls I shoot, make prints etc. And I see as his business is growing, the personal cares are getting reduced. He is scratching my slides too, and most likely during scanning (say one strip will have a horizonal scratch line). So I stopped scanning, started mounting myself (well that I did since long) and even asked him not to cut the roll into strips.

But it seems we have few choices. Once I gave to Whizz, and they got it done from Photoflash!
 
Maybe I should try Photoflash then. S. Karthikeyan uses them I think and he seems to be pretty satisfied.
 
True. Karthik(eyan) told me that several times (before he switched to digital). Actually they are cheaper, but I think they are value for money; because the so called pro labs charges higher and can't give a personalized service.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?