<$BlogRSDURL$>

Kya hua, kab hua, kyon hua, kidhar hua, kaise hua. Bas itna hi.

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Rob Galbraith DPI: Nikon unveils 12.21MP D2X digital SLR 

Rob Galbraith DPI: Nikon unveils 12.21MP D2X digital SLR

This is what I'm really excited about. Although I'm still shooting film and don't plan to move to digital anytime soon (unless I win a lottery), being a Nikon SLR user has its advantages. All my older lenses will still work with the newest, latest and greatest SLRs and DSLRs.

But this DSLR seems to have set a standard for all the others to follow. At least for a little while until Canon comes up with its reply.

Competition is good :-)
Comments:
Though I have 2 SLR bodies, I bought a 10D. And trust me, it increased my hit rate a lot. Immediate preview. Near zero running cost. Switching ISO dynamically (man I love this feature now: I saw a changeable hawk eagle in Bandipur last weekend at 6:30pm, and my meter read 1.2"@f/5.6, I switched to ISO 1600 and immediately got 1/15"@f/5.6, and I got a few cool shots).

I just blew up my entire annual bonus for this.
 
Man, lucky you! Getting a bonus and all that :-)

Yes, I saw your changeable hawk eagle shot, pretty cool. The only problem with digital as I see it, is the post processing required. Basically, at a cost, I pay a shop to do my processing so I don't have to spend more time in front of a PC than I already do. The downside is that I can't easily display on the web (need to scan and post process it) and can't get a large sized print without doing additional processing. But instant feedback sounds particularly tempting.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?