<$BlogRSDURL$>

Kya hua, kab hua, kyon hua, kidhar hua, kaise hua. Bas itna hi.

Thursday, July 22, 2004

The Da Vinci Code 

Recently I finished reading my copy of Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code"

The reviewers are right, its unputdownable. I read it across three days, usually after dinner and TV. The plot is interesting and although the theology part may be alien to people not of the Christian, Jewish or Muslim faiths, following it is no problem. Conspiracy theory buffs will love this book as also his other book "Angels & Demons". I'm looking forward to buying/hiring this one and then his other two books.

I have often wondered if the history that we learnt at school was true. We keep hearing of new discoveries that often disprove some historical fact or the other. Or prove something that was only conjecture once upon a time. Recorded history is one thing, but believing one version or the other of events that took place in the dim and distant past quite another. And I believe that history is written by the winners, especially when there are few other witnesses. So what should one believe? Received wisdom or think for oneself?

I don't believe the Aryan Invasion Theory that was propounded and perpetuated by the British because they needed a pretext for ruling over us. I believe its a myth that will be conclusively disproved in my lifetime.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?